The latest mock draft from CBSSports.com draft analyst Dane Brugler predicts a big first round for the SEC: He has five of the first 10 picks being SEC players and 13 league players going in the first round.
He also has players from eight SEC schools being selected in the initial round.
SEC players in Brugler’s latest first round:
1. Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett: Browns
4. Alabama DL Jonathan Allen: Jaguars
5. LSU SS Jamal Adams: Titans
8. LSU RB Leonard Fournette: Panthers
9. Alabama LB Reuben Foster: Bengals
11. Florida CB Teez Tabor: Saints
15. Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey: Eagles
21. Tennessee DE Derek Barnett: Lions
22. Alabama TE O.J. Howard: Dolphins
27. Vanderbilt LB Zach Cunningham: Chiefs
28. Auburn DE/OLB Carl Lawson: Cowboys
31. Missouri DE Charles Harris: Falcons
32. Alabama DE Tim Williams: Patriots
Projected first-rounders by conference:
Big Ten: 6
Pac 12: 4
Conference USA: 1
First-round picks by SEC schools:
Texas A&M: 1
North Carolina’s Mitch Trubisky is the first quarterback off the board, at No. 2 to San Francisco. Brugler also has Notre Dame quarterback Deshone Kizer (third) and Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson (10th) going in the top 10.
(You can follow Dan Mathews on Twitter @DanMathewsATL)
© 2016, gridironnow.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.