Doug Farrar of Sports Illustrated released his NFL mock draft Friday. There are some definite surprises among the SEC players he has going in the first round.
The seven SEC players selected in the first round of this mock draft:
1. LT Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss — Tennessee Titans
9. CB Vernon Hargreaves III, Florida — Tampa Bay Buccaneers
17. ILB Reggie Ragland, Alabama — Atlanta Falcons
21. DT A’Shawn Robinson, Alabama — Washington Redskins
22. WR Laquon Treadwell, Ole Miss — Houston Texans
29. DT Robert Nkemdiche, Ole Miss — Arizona Cardinals
30. RB Derrick Henry, Alabama — Carolina Panthers
Players left out of this first round: Alabama DT Jarran Reed, Georgia OLB Leonard Floyd and Mississippi State DT Chris Jones.
Farrar goes on to explain why he believes Henry is a first-round pick.
“Henry is more agile than the average big back, but his primary attribute is his ability to just trash opposing front sevens with his downhill power,” Farrar said. “This is as perfect a scheme fit as there is in this class, and Henry could elevate himself to the Panthers’ lead dog sooner than later.”
Reed has been in the first round of almost every mock draft before this one. Ragland goes a little higher than many have him projected. We also see Treadwell fall a little in this mock.
(You can follow Dan Mathews on Twitter @DanMathewsATL)
(Feature photo by ERICH SCHLEGEL/USA TODAY SPORTS)
© 2016, gridironnow.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.