The first post-NFL Scouting Combine mock draft by well-respected NFL Media draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah includes nine SEC players in the first round.
For the most part, it’s the usual suspects — though the ninth SEC guy might surprise some people because it’s Texas A&M guard Germain Ifedi.
Here are the SEC players in Jeremiah’s first round.
1. LT Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss, to the Tennessee Titans
9. CB Vernon Hargreaves III, Florida, to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
16. WR Laquon Treadwell, Ole Miss, to the Detroit Lions
17. OLB Leonard Floyd, Georgia, to the Atlanta Falcons
19. DT Jarran Reed, Alabama, to the Buffalo Bills
24. LB Reggie Ragland, Alabama, to the Cincinnati Bengals
26. DT A’Shawn Robinson, Alabama, to the Seattle Seahawks
28. DT Robert Nkemdiche, Ole Miss, to the Kansas City Chiefs
31. G Germain Ifedi, Texas A&M, to the Denver Broncos
Jeremiah has North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz going second to Cleveland; Ohio State defensive end Joey Bosa going fourth to Dallas; and Clemson defensive ends Kevin Dodd and Shaq Lawson going eighth and 10th, respectively, to Miami and the New York Giants.
(You can follow Dan Mathews on Twitter @DanMathewsATL)
(Feature photo of Laremy Tunsil by DERICK E. HINGLE/USA TODAY SPORTS)
© 2016, gridironnow.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.