LSU Team News

LSU loses commitment from 2018 defensive tackle

Jamarcus Chatman
COURTESY OF 247SPORTS.COM

LSU’s 2018 recruiting class lost one of its commitments Sunday.


Three-star defensive tackle Jamarcus Chatman announced on Twitter that he has decommitted from the Tigers.

“After many hrs of prayer and discussion with my family, I have decided to decommit from Louisiana State University, and reopen my recruitment,” Chatman wrote. “This was a very hard decision to make. I would like to thank Coach O (Ed Orgeron), and the whole Louisiana State University coaching staff. I still think Louisiana State University is a great place to be, but this is the right decision for me.”

Chatman, from Rome (Ga.) High, committed to LSU on April 22, along with his high school teammates Adam Anderson, a four-star outside linebacker, and Jaquon Griffin, a three-star defensive end.

Chatman has around 60 total offers, including ones from Florida, Florida State, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, USC, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.

According to 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions, Miami currently is considered to have a 75 percent chance of landing Chatman; LSU has the remaining 25 percent.

Chatman is considered by 247Sports Composite to be a top-35 defensive tackle in the nation and top-45 overall prospect in Georgia.

Even with his decommitment, LSU still has 18 in its 2018 recruiting class, which 247Sports ranks third in the nation and first in the SEC. The Tigers still have defensive tackle commitments in the class from four-star prospect Davin Cotton and three-star prospect Nelson Jenkins.

RELATED: LSU lands 3 commitments in one day at its OL/DL camp

(You can follow Kevin Connell on Twitter @_KevinConnell)

© 2016, gridironnow.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments
To Top