The 2017 NFL Scouting Combine is over and Alabama has already held its pro day. Rob Rang of CBSSports.com believes that Nick Saban and the Crimson Tide are going to be very busy on the first night of the 2017 NFL draft.
Rang has 12 players getting picked out of the SEC in the first round of his first post-Combine mock draft. He believes Alabama will have six player names called out of the 32 picks in that opening round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
SEC players in Rang’s most recent Round 1:
1. Cleveland: Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett
4. Jacksonville: Alabama DL Jonathan Allen
6. New York Jets: LSU S Jamal Adams
8. Carolina: LSU RB Leonard Fournette
11. New Orleans: Tennessee DE Derek Barnett
17. Washington: Alabama ILB Reuben Foster
18. Tennessee: Alabama TE O.J. Howard
22. Miami: Alabama OLB Tim Williams
25. Houston: Alabama OT Cam Robinson
26. Seattle: Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey
27. Kansas City: Vanderbilt ILB Zach Cunningham
31. Atlanta: Missouri DE Charles Harris
Alabama – 6
LSU – 2
Missouri – 1
Tennessee – 1
Texas A&M – 1
Vanderbilt – 1
There are a couple of surprises in this mock draft. One, there is not one player from Florida.
Gators cornerback Teez Tabor had been in almost every single mock draft leading up to the annual NFL Scouting Combine. However, he ran a disappointing 4.62 second 40-yard dash time and has some experts thinking that teams will not want to spend a first round pick on him.
The second is that Rang has a good amount of quarterbacks being taken in his first-round projection – and he has one name coming off the board on the opening night.
Teams taking quarterbacks in Rang’s latest first round:
3. Chicago: UNC, Mitchell Trubisky
10. Buffalo: Clemson, Deshaun Watson
12. Cleveland: Notre Dame, DeShone Kizer
13. Arizona: Texas Tech, Patrick Mahomes II
(You can follow Dan Mathews on Twitter @DanMathewsATL)
© 2016, gridironnow.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.